In Narón you will find a conviviality between the rural thing and the urban one, the nature and the industry, the traditions and the modernity.
The rapid population, equal growth to the urban development, it´s always accompanied by the endowment of green spaces and areas of scattering like playparks or healthy parks.
The municipal government is working in the ethnographic recovery with the restoration of several river mills, in a project that includes the creation of museum spaces.
Narón also has big historical and patrimonial resources, as the Monastery of O Couto, Baltar's convent, Saint Rita's church, the Libunca country house, the Culture House... Archaeological remains as the hopscotches, and natural spaces like the Xuvia river and the Atlantic coast.
These are our recommendations to know Narón:
- Routes in bike (only available in galician or spanish language; sorry): 5 offers of routes, with maps, GPS points and explanatory videos...
- Route of hiking by the atlantic coast
- Route of hiking alongside of the Xuvia river
- Route of hiking by the "San Andrés de Teixido" old way
- Route of the celtic regions
- Stately home route
- Monastery of "San Martiño" ("O Couto)